Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: alright forum snoops

  1. #31
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Cane, I understand what you are saying...I'm just saying they go about it all wrong. Your responses are from the point of view of an adult....now imagine you are 8 years old, and one of those folks was your mom. How would ya see it then?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #32
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are very good points centennialdawg. Have to agree with your post.</div></div>

    Co-sign--just because the names are put out there doesn't mean we can't forgive, regardless of guilt or innocence being found in any case.

    BUT--you don't get charged with nothing unless your into something you shouldn't be. I don't feel I'm in any danger of getting charged with a crime of conspiracy to sell & distribute a controlled substance just because I have Ibuprofen in my desk drawer at work. If I were, for instance, working the phones daily trying to get sources for Oxy and sellling to junkies--then yeah--I should fully expect to get caught and have a damn good lawyer on retainer at all times to keep my butt out of jail.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Yes, but how many on here have said anything about the welfare fraud? Not many at all know about this. Why? I think because of the fact that the commonwealth attorney's office didn't make a "big" press release about it. I guess it just wasn't newsworthy, But a drug offense or an embezzlement offense are.

    The law also says that a per5son is also innocent until proven guilty. Now, if some of these named individuals decide to go to court for this, how many would get a fair trial in Wise County due to the publicity? Most people have already tried and convicted these people in their minds.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cane, I understand what you are saying...I'm just saying they go about it all wrong. Your responses are from the point of view of an adult....now imagine you are 8 years old, and one of those folks was your mom. How would ya see it then?</div></div>

    If one of my family members did something wrong, and we had an 8 year old cousin that was facing this stigma due to their older family member's actions--I'd tell them to handle it the same way. If kids taunted my cousin due to that, then I'd tell them to shake it off, and talk to me about it. If any problems with kids teasing my cousin about it persisted, I would talk to teachers & principals about nipping that stuff in the bud, and I would speak with the kids' parents about what was going on and that an 8 year old shouldn't have to and won't have to answer for what a grown man/woman did.

    In other words, you don't back down from rumors and let people talk--you stand up and set the record straight so people don't get it twisted due to Ellie Mae/Peggy Sue rumors running wild. You also got to remember too that people are gonna think what they're gonna think regardless...some people's minds won't change. Those are the aforementioned "sheeple" that can't think for themselves and don't know any better--and aren't important anyway.

    To quote Katt Williams, "you can't let haters drag you down".
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    There were welfare fraud indictments in the paper quite recently (twice I think) - we had a good discussion about it here at work.
    It's there.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    I think you are wrong about that statemnet. Just look at the people who have had their convictions overturned on death penalty cases. They were innocent in actuality, but were found guilty be a jury. Why? In most instances it was because of a jury's pre-conceived notion that if he was charged, then he must be quilty.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    The papers and newscasts around here don't have anything better to do. It could be like Lawton Oklahoma where the newscasts spend the 1st half hour on everyone that was shot, shot at, stabbed, or attacked someone else. Round here, they'd rather ostracize folks based on the theories of all the squeaky clean cops we have around here.....sarcasm intended.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #38
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Yes, there were, and one of thos4e charged was/used to post on here, quite often. Nothing was said about it though on here. Just trying to prove my point.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but how many on here have said anything about the welfare fraud? Not many at all know about this. Why? I think because of the fact that the commonwealth attorney's office didn't make a "big" press release about it. I guess it just wasn't newsworthy, But a drug offense or an embezzlement offense are. </div></div>

    I know nothing of a person on here committing welfare fraud, and if I did, I wouldn't treat them any differently than I've treated you. Their attitude towards me and their actions when I know them would shape my thought process about them. It's stupid to write off a person because of one action, but it's not stupid to not forget their past actions either.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The law also says that a per5son is also innocent until proven guilty. Now, if some of these named individuals decide to go to court for this, how many would get a fair trial in Wise County due to the publicity? Most people have already tried and convicted these people in their minds.</div></div>

    Then if those charged are not guilty it's up to the lawyers to get the jury to see that there's not enough evidence to convict. It's part of the system. If I got charged with something, and I knew I wasn't guilty, I'd still get a damn good lawyer to make sure that they illuminated the lack of evidence against me to make sure I go free as I should.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, there were, and one of thos4e charged was/used to post on here, quite often. Nothing was said about it though on here. Just trying to prove my point.</div></div>
    I have mentioned welfare fraud many many times on here - everyone should know my stance on the matter. However, I'm maligned by several for my opinion on welfare fraud & abuse (as it was put apparently I'm jealous??)
    Cant say I haven't tried.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •